- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Revive in 10 Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, address) for all customers and clients. This information is used to identify you, send out any products or information and contact you about the services you have purchased or booked.
- Any information and suggestions via feedback forms/ surveys to assess and improve services will remain anonymous.
- For coaching, we hold a record of the meeting dates and what topics have been covered. Any targets set and progress made. This may include personal physical, mental and emotional states and traits you are wishing to improve upon.
- For chair massage services, we also need to collect information such as your medical background and lifestyle choices. This information is collected, with your consent, to give the very best tailored, safe and effective treatment. We also keep records of treatments and any advice given.
- Whilst you use the website, we also receive information about your computer such as your IP address, operating system and browser details. This information helps us provide a better website experience for you.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Revive in 10 Ltd with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Decide to engage in any coaching session(s) and discuss and plan what health improvements you wish to make.
- Complete a massage consultation form for massage services and when we complete the notes before and after massage treatment.
How will we use your data?
Revive in 10 Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, make communications regarding your order and manage your account.
- Help you establish where you’re at with regards wellbeing, then build skill and monitor your progress. Allowing you to be able to be retrospective and set goals (coaching).
- Provide you with safe and effective treatment and create a record for legal purposes (chair massage)
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like – if you have agreed to accept communications with us.
When Revive in 10 Ltd processes your payment, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Revive in 10 Ltd securely stores your data electronically or on paper.
Any information stored electronically will be secured by encryption and/or password protection.
Any information stored on paper will be protected by restricted physical access.
For the purchase of Revive Chocolate and the coaching/ training service your personal data will be stored for 5 years and then deleted or destroyed.
For chair massage services, Revive in 10 Ltd will keep your personal identification information, client consultation forms and notes for 8 years (a legal requirement for massage). Or in the case of treatment to minors, 8 years after they reach the age of 18.) Once this time period has expired, we will then delete your data.
In the event of Revive in 10 Ltd ceasing trading, with the exception of chair massage legal personal information above, all personal data will be deleted.
Revive in 10 Ltd would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Revive in 10 Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other member of our partner companies.
Testimonial videos, photos and statements are provided by clients who have given their consent for testimonials to be used on the Revive in 10 website. Revive in 10 will delete and stop using an individual’s video or image at the individual’s request.
When you provide us with your personal information in the course of buying chocolate, booking coaching/training, chair massage, you are giving your consent to us collecting that information and using it for that specific reason.
We will not use your personal information for any secondary reason, like marketing, unless we have asked you directly for consent to do so.
How do I withdraw my consent?
Regarding chocolate and coaching/training, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Regarding chair massage, for the purpose of legal protection, we are required to hold the personal information you have given to us to provide a safe and effective chair massage service and the notes about those treatments for a minimum of eight years.
Eight years after your last treatment we will permanently delete all your personal information that we hold.
If you withdraw your consent during the eight year retention period, we will archive your data until the eight year period expires.
Whilst your information is archived, we will not access or process it in any way except if needed for legal protection or if required to do so by law.
Should you withdraw your consent at any time please email email@example.com with your request.
How can I access, update or amend my personal information?
You have the right to review the personal information we store about you and your chair massage sessions at any time. These will be sent by email in a Microsoft Word document attachment.
You also have the right to request we update or amend your data if it is incorrect.
To action any of these rights at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
What are your data protection rights?
Revive in 10 Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Revive in 10 Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Revive in 10 Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Revive in 10 Ltd to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Revive in 10 Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Revive in 10 Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Revive in 10 Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Revive in 10 Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
When you pay for your products and services with a debit, credit card or PayPal, your information will be passed to our payment processors – WooCommerce/ PayPal.
We never store your credit card details, it is always processed by third parties. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
WooCommerce? Offers a service whereby you can pay for your products and services quickly using credit or debit card details previously stored with them. We can’t see your stored card details or information.
We recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in the UK and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway locked in the United States, then your personal information used to complete that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If this business is acquired or merged with another business, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to provide you with the services you have requested.
Questions and Contact Information
To request your information is updated, amended or deleted, or if you have any questions about how your information is collected, stored and used, please email email@example.com.
If, for any reason, you are unhappy with how we are handling your data, please raise your concerns with us first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 07749728512
Or write to us: 12 Bowman Warren Wynd
For further details about these rights please see the Information Commissioner’s website ico.org.uk